Several media outlets reported on the work of HCA members — and home care generally — in response to the devastation of Hurricane Sandy. See the links below.
- Nurses aid storm’s most vulnerable citizens (Daily Gazette, November 10, 2012)
- As NYC Grinds to Halt in Hurricane’s Path, Home Care Providers and Staff Respond to Help Patients in Need (HCA Guest Blog on about.com, November 6, 2012)
- Old, Frail and in Harm’s Way (New York Times, November 6, 2012)
- Home Health Care Proves Resilient In Face Of Sandy Destruction (NPR, November 2, 2012)
- Hurricane Sandy’s impact on home care: an interview with Joanne Cunningham (News-medical.net, November 2, 2012)
- Enduring The Storm For Home Care Patients (New York Times, November 1, 2012)
- ABC News’ Diane Sawyer Visits Home Care Patient of Visiting Nurse Service of New York Coping with the Storm’s Aftermath