Situation Report | June 14, 2021
New York State has announced applications are now open for the $800 million COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program.
Non-profits, churches, and other religious institutions are ineligible for this grant.
Grants will be for a minimum award of $5,000 and a maximum award of $50,000 and will be calculated based on a New York State business’ annual gross receipts for 2019.
Reimbursable COVID-19-related expenses must have been incurred between March 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021 and can include:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property
- Payment of local property or school taxes
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning cost
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols