Waiver process available
Situation Report | October 5, 2020
As we alerted members last week, beginning October 1, 2020, Livanta, the Medicare Beneficiary and Family Centered Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QI0), is requiring the receipt of medical records electronically through Direct Secure Messaging (appeals and quality cases), or via direct upload through its online e-LiFT portal (appeals cases only).
If agencies are unable to use Direct Secure Messaging or the e-LiFT portal, they can use faxed or mailed photocopies as a backup submission process but must have an approved waiver if they cannot use secure messaging and/or want to be reimbursed for faxed or mailed hard copies. Livanta’s fax servers will remain online, and faxed submissions will not be rejected.
Below are some helpful links for online information about the waiver process, options for submitting medical records (including Frequently Asked Questions), and other helpful information.
- Waiver: https://LivantaQIO.com/en/Provider/Waiver
- Medical Records: https://LivantaQIO.com/en/Provider/Medical_Records
- Postage and Pages Reimbursement: https://LivantaQIO.com/en/Provider/Pages_Postage
- Provider Bulletins and News: https://LivantaQIO.com/en/Provider/Provider
- e-LiFT Portal (New!): https://LivantaQIO.com/en/provider-portal