Situation Report | September 20, 2021
HCA reminds members that October 1 is the deadline for agencies to provide training on Electronic Visit Verification (EVV).
The training requirements are included on pages 12 to 14 in the state Department of Health’s (DOH) EVV Program Guidelines and Requirements document.
All providers and Fiscal Intermediaries (FIs) must provide training to their caregivers, agency staff and EVV system users submitting EVV data to DOH. Training may be delivered in any format, including instructor led, webinars and self-service online training. All providers and FIs must provide training to all users of the system prior to any user submitting EVV data and provide training refreshers annually to all users.
DOH has advised that FIs are responsible for providing training to personal assistants providing consumer directed services.
All providers and FIs who are required to submit EVV data must also submit an EVV Attestation, which is found in Appendix 1 of the aforementioned document.
Provider’s EVV System Training Requirements for Caregivers should include:
- Provider’s System Overview and Workflows (non-technical)
- How to electronically collect EVV data using the Providers system and device(s)
- How to and when to collect EVV data manually and what to document
- How to document Live-in caregiver information
- How to electronically collect EVV data when there are multiple caregivers
- How to electronically collect EVV data when there are multiple beneficiaries
- How to send data to Provider’s System
- Information to share with Medicaid beneficiaries and their families is available here: EVV Fact Sheet for Beneficiaries and Families