On May 5, the state Department of Health (DOH) held the second technical assistance webinar on New York’s efforts to implement electronic visit verification (EVV) for personal care services starting January 1, 2021.
As covered in previous editions of the Situation Report, DOH has selected the ‘Choice Model’ to meet this federal requirement and held an April 20 webinar that provided some background, including a “high-level timeline,” submission interface requirements, and submission data details.
See here for the webinar’s materials and other information, including additional upcoming webinars, EVV program requirements, the state’s correspondence to the U.S. Centers on Medicare and Medicaid Services about the Choice Model selection, a link to the EVV Listserv and more.
The May 5 webinar covered some additional complex, technical aspects of EVV and reviewed the timeline. That timeline includes:
- Final statewide aggregator technical specifications published in mid-to-late May.
- Technical assistance calls from now to September and later if necessary.
- Providers will begin registering selected EVV solutions with the statewide aggregator in August.
- Statewide Aggregator testing begins in October.
- DOH intends to distribute a survey soon to gauge providers’ uses of EVV vendors and interest in pilot testing.
The next webinar is scheduled for May 19. Meanwhile, questions can be sent to EVVHelp@health.ny.gov.