In preparation for federal advocacy efforts on September 12, HCA has prepared a series of advocacy documents to guide our visits with lawmakers and their staff.
We encourage you to read these for a review of HCA’s messaging. Please also share them with your Congressional contacts to encourage their action on critical home care federal priorities.
Foremost among our concerns is the ongoing threat to Medicaid, posed by Congressional attempts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, as well as the new Home Health Groupings Model that the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has proposed for 2019, with cuts of up to $1 billion from the system.
HCA is also pressing for: continuation of the Medicare rural add-on; Congressional opposition to hospice rebasing; and relief from regulatory burdens like the Medicare face-to-face rule, pre-claim review, and the current limits on practitioners permitted to order and refer for home care services.
See the PDF downloads below for more information.
- “Home Care Advocacy Ask: Regulatory Relief for Home Care Providers”
- “2018 Proposed Rule: Reject Drastic New HHGM Payment System for Home Care”
- “Continue 3% Medicare Add-On for Rural Home Health”
- “CMS Should Collaborate with Industry to Evaluate Impact of Hospice Payment Reform Before Implementing Any Rebasing Initiatives”
- “Why Medicaid Works – and Why AHCA Cuts are Wrong”