Situation Report | April 12, 2021
HCA’s awards committee has chosen the recipients of our upcoming annual awards, which will be celebrated on May 5 at HCA’s Annual Conference.
HCA thanks the committee for their hard work selecting from among the many excellent nominations. We are proud to recognize each of the following awardee’s achievements, contributions, service, and inspiration to the field:
- Caring Awards: Cynthia Stanley of HCR Home Care and Wanda Nycklass of The Eddy Senior Care.
- Quality Awards: UR Medicine Home Care’s Critical Illness Recovery Program, a care transition model for COVID-19 care, and Selhelp Community Services’ Virtual Senior Center.
- Physician Champion Award: Dr. Amy Ehrlich, Montefiore Health System.
- Advocacy Award: Theresa Forster and Katie Wehri of the National Association for Home Care and Hospice, for their advocacy on behalf of hospice services.
- Patient “Shining Light” Award: Jillian Thibault.
- Ruth F. Wilson Award: Marki Flannery, recent past President and CEO of Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY).
As is tradition, HCA will be presenting a formal award ceremony at our Annual Conference on May 5 — this year, in a spirited virtual celebration. Stay tuned for details coming soon, and please join us in extending congratulations to this distinguished group of 2021 awardees.