Situation Report | July 20, 2021
In follow up to our request for certain Home Care Cost Report data, the state Department of Health (DOH) has provided some statistics.
HCA had requested the data at a June meeting with DOH and other provider associations on the cost reports (see the June 28 Situation Report here).
Some of the data includes the number of:
- Agencies that submitted the cost report – 632.
- Entities that submitted the cost report – 4,239, of which 93 are Certified Home Health Agencies (CHHAs),1,984 are Licensed Home Care Services Agencies (LHCSAs), and 2,162 are Fiscal Intermediaries (FIs).
- Agencies subject to audits – 82.
- Entities subject to audits – 903, of which 17 are CHHAs, 416 are LHCSAs and 470 are FIs.
- Agencies that had inaccurate or irreconcilable data in their original cost report submission – 73.
- Agencies that concluded the audit process with accurate data per audit procedures (only for Schedules 3, 4, and 5) – 34.
- Agencies that did not reach 100 percent data accuracy at the conclusion of the audit process – 48.
- Agencies that were nonresponsive throughout the audit process – 1.
At our meeting with DOH on June 24, officials reported that they expect to release the 2020 Home Care Cost Report over the summer but have no approximate date at this time.