Situation Report | March 1, 2021
National Government Services (NGS), New York’s Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC), conducted a Home Health and Hospice Advisory Meeting this past week focused on educational programs, sessions and webinars available at www.ngsmedicare.com.
NGS Website Sign-In
- NGS has changed the sign-in process of its main website. When asked what kind of provider you are, HCA’s home health and hospice members should select the Home Health & Hospice (HH&H) tab and not Part A.
- Also, NGS’s new Medical Review Focus Area provides information on any ongoing post-payment review audits. The only one involves paid Patient Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) claims paid between January 1 and February 29, 2020.
- NGS has revised its Home Health and Hospice Education Tab to include new items such as COVID-19, the Medicare Arcade, and News and Alerts. A COVID-19 banner offers the latest news, information, and resources.
- A new Medicare University user guide has additional information and how to get credit for completing courses. NGS has recently added a course (PTA-C-0055) to assist providers through the Medicare appeals process.
Upcoming J6 Home Health & Hospice Education Via Webinar, YouTube and Twitter
NGS will be offering the following home health and hospice education programs via webinar:
- March 4 — Home Health Billing Basics
- March 18 — Lunch & Learn: Home Health Billing Questions & Answers
- March 24 — Lets Chat Home Health & Hospice COVID-19
- March 25 — Understanding the Levels of Appeal
The following home health videos have been revised and posted on the NGS YouTube channel:
- Medicare Home Health Benefits & Eligibility Requirements
- Medicare Home Health Eligibility Criteria: Homebound Status
- Medicare Home Health Eligibility Criteria: Need for Skilled Service
- Medicare Home Health Eligibility Criteria: Under the Care of a Physician or Non-Physician Practitioner
- Medicare Home Health Eligibility Criteria: The Plan of Care
- Medicare Home Health Eligibility Criteria: The Face-to-Face Encounter
- Medicare Home Health Eligibility Criteria: Certification & Recertification
NGS has also provided Twitter Updates on: Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE); claim status responses; provider enrollment; telehealth; home health and hospice Additional Documentation Requests (ADRs); COVID-19 vaccinations; and Medical Review ADR responses.
HCA will update the membership as NGS posts additional home health and hospice educations programs on its website in the future.