Situation Report | August 16, 2021
The Office of New York City Mayor posted Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on its mandate that all city and contracted employees must be fully vaccinated or show proof of negative COVID-19 tests weekly (by September 13, 2021 for contracted employees).
Some important information for agencies that contract with the NYC Human Resources Administration, Department of Aging or other city agencies includes:
- The City will reimburse contracted organizations for costs associated with time off for getting vaccinated. This is defined as four hours per shot and paid sick leave to cover any side effects experienced due to the vaccination.
- For Contracted Employees who opt to do weekly testing, only polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests processed by medical professionals qualify for the City’s COVID-Safe Requirement. These tests usually take one-two days to process at a lab, but some PCR tests are rapid tests. Both rapid and non-rapid PCR tests can be used. At-home tests will not be accepted at this time.
- An employee who tests positive must not report to work until all of these conditions are met: a. It has been at least 10 days since their symptoms began; b. They have not had a fever for at least 24 hours without the use of a fever reducer; and c. Other respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) have improved.
- Each contracted organization is responsible to track compliance for their employees. Contracted organizations are responsible for verifying individual vaccination status of each employee and monitoring compliance with weekly testing and face covering requirements for those who have not submitted proof of vaccination. Contractors are subject to reviews for compliance beginning September 13. Like all other contract provisions, if providers are non-compliant, contracting agencies will exercise any rights they may have under the contract.
- All City contractors must submit an attestation signed by the organization’s Executive Director or equivalent that they are complying with the City’s “COVID-Safe Requirement” by uploading it directly to their PASSPort vendor profile or sending it to their contracting agency if they do not have a PASSPort account. Organizations must also submit their updated internal policies that reflect the mandates.
- Contractors must collect and/or store vaccination and test result information in hard copy or digitally, taking proper precautions to protect personal health information.