Page last updated: February 6, 2020
- Physician E-Brochure: This two-page document, developed by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), provides an overview of PDGM and its anticipated impact on physicians who offer home health services.
- PDGM Companion Guide: Another NAHC publication providing a more thorough overview of what PDGM is, how it will affect one’s home health patients, and how it could affect a physician practice.
- Read HCA’s September 2019 Comments on PDGM and the Proposed HHPPS Rule Finalizing PDGM
- Read HCA’s Position Paper Calling for Legislation to Remove the PDGM Behavioral Adjustment Cut
- Read HCA’s July 2019 Memo on the Proposed HHPPS Rule Finalizing PDGM in 2020
HCA Members Get Discount for NAHC PDGM Summits in March, April: PDGM is here. What can you do now to improve performance? HCA members get a $200 discount to attend any of 12 upcoming PDGM national summits that will answer this question. The sessions are co-presented by the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), the state home care associations for the host cities, and partner associations like HCA. The nearest sessions to New York are in Worcester, MA (near Boston) on March 30 (use promo code “2020PDGM”) and in the Philadelphia area on April 14 (use promo code “2020PDGMPA”). Registration for all locations is here. These one-day intensive summits will focus on PDGM content related to ongoing performance improvement in financial, clinical, data analytics and administrative operations.
Four-Part Webinar Series: Sharpening Your Focus on Revenue Cycle Management to Succeed Under PDGM: Experts from BlackTree Healthcare Consulting will discuss the impact of important upcoming payment and regulatory changes on your revenue cycle and clinical operations. Remaining topics and session dates are below.
- Revenue Cycle Management Under PDGM — Part I (Available as an archive of November 2019 session). Update on Final Rule (PDGM focus), cash flow impact analysis for Q1 2020, Review Choice Demonstration, Medicare Advantage landscape
- Revenue Cycle Management Under PDGM — Part II (Available as an archive of December 2019 session). Intake, insurance verification, authorization
- Revenue Cycle Management Under PDGM — Part III (Available as an archive of January 2020 session). Clinical operations, case management/LUPA management, scheduling and telehealth utilization
- Revenue Cycle Management Under PDGM — Part IV on March 4, 2020 (11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.). Orders tracking, billing, cash posting, finance
Discount Rates for NAHC PDGM Video, Webinar Series: HCA members may use discount codes for a PDGM webinar series from the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC). The series originally included seven programs but has been expanded to nine webinars available to HCA members as a package for $199 – a considerable savings over the $99 price for each webinar. To download the webinars, visit https:// www.nahc.org/pdgm-states/. At checkout, you’ll have the option to enter one of the following discount codes for HCA members:
- Individual Webinar Code: PDGM-Ind-NY01
- PDGM Webinar Series (all nine webinars) Code: PDGM-NY01
- PDGM Video Code: PDGM-NY01
- Combined Video & Webinar Series Code: PDGM-Combo-NY01