HCA is very active on the federal level to ensure that regulatory, funding and legislative decisions in Washington serve the best interests of New York’s mission-driven home care providers.
As the home care community continues to face the threat of federal regulatory changes, HCA offers advocacy tools to help you contact your Congressional leaders and encourage their support for home health care.
HCA’s Legislative Action Center
Scroll below to Find Your Legislator and advocate.
HCA’s Federal Advocacy Publications
- Protect Medicare Home Health Reimbursement Supporting Seniors: S.433/H.R.2573 (2019)
- Make 3% Medicare Add-On Permanent for Home Health Services in Rural Areas (2019)
- Parity Needed in Medicare Home Health Wage Index (2019)
- Protect Medicare Home Health Reimbursement Supporting Seniors (2019)
- Co-Sponsor and Pass Bipartisan Bills to Protect Medicare Home Health under PDGM (2018)
- Vital Corrections, Safeguards Needed in 2018 Home Health Payment Reform Act (2018)
- CMS Restarts Pre-Claim Review Demo without Addressing Problems That Halted It (2018)
- Pass the Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act (2018)
- HCA Takes Aim at Federal Regs, Seeks CoP Implementation Delay (2017)
- NY Home Care Hit with Growing Medicare Operating Losses Under CMS Rebasing Cuts, Threatening Access to Care (2017)
- Repeal or Reform the Physician Face-to-Face Encounter Requirement for Home Health (2017)
- Home Health Copays and Regressive Payment Cuts Undermine Access to Services (2017)
- Continue the 3% Medicare Add-On for Home Health Services in Rural Areas (2017)
- Allow Nurse Practitioners & Other Health Professionals to Order/Certify Medicare Home Health Services (2017)
Use Our Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit
HCA’s grassroots advocacy seeks to enlist you, as an expert in the field and as a constituent, to lobby with local, state, or federal lawmakers on behalf of an issue or cause, with HCA providing guidance, messaging (i.e., what to say or write), and tools for action. To provide you with more information on this process, as well as tips and resources, HCA’s Director of Public Policy and Advocacy Alyssa Lovelace has developed a Grassroots Advocacy Toolkit: Inform, Mobilize and Engage.