For over 40 years, HCA has been a leading state and federal advocate for quality, community-based care. We represent hundreds of dedicated organizations and their thousands of home and community-based staff. We’re a resource for information, providing policy and regulatory expertise, professional development, education and training opportunities to support you.
HCA represents the full continuum of home and community-based organizations. Our member culture uniquely operates from a broad appreciation and reflection of the value, common cause and mutual impact of each component of our community-based long term care system.
- Expert representation on home care and hospice issues at the state and federal levels.
- A say and influence in HCA’s advocacy platform and priorities.
- Technical expertise on reimbursement, regulations and program issues — just a phone call or e-mail away at any time.
- HCA’s grassroots advocacy tools, like our digital advocacy platform and individualized member advocacy supports.
- Participation in HCA’s Advocacy Day and meetings with state and federal legislators and other decision-makers.
- The keys to HCA Data, a members-only dashboard of benchmarking data from all cost reports, managed care operating reports, statistical reports and other data sources for every home care, hospice and MLTC organization in New York State.
- HCA’s weekly newsletter, the Situation Report, delivered straight to your inbox with the latest industry news.
- Over 200 alerts and event notifications keeping you informed of pressing news and opportunities for funding and supports.
- Twice-per-week HCA News Clips, which offer links to traditional media news articles, trade publications, and blog posts by legal and technical experts.
- Member policy memos with in-depth analysis of rate methodologies or regulatory requirements.
- Access to HCA’s members-only online resources, including our newsletter and alert archives, HCA Data, and member policy memos.
- Eligibility to join HCA’s Board of Directors and committees that drive decision-making on behalf of the industry.
- Discounts on HCA member education events and access to HCA member exclusive events such as our state and federal policy briefings, and statewide informational calls on federal payment rules, legal cases or regulations, and more.
- HCA’s MLTC, CHHA and LHCSA Forums, which offer updates and an opportunity for feedback and strategic problem-solving specific to your program type and region.
- Member public relations and communications or messaging support.
- HCA’s annual awards and special recognition programs like our Home Care Heroes.
- Networking with peers.