A COVID-19 Emergency Initiative
- Amid the COVID-19 surge, the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation reached out to HCA Education & Research (HCA E&R) offering help with emergency needs including, where possible, foundation support to seed systemic improvement and innovation in care beyond the pandemic.
HCA Education and Research Best Practices Initiative
- The Foundation approved a proposal from HCA Education and Research (HCA E&R) to assist home and community-based care and patients statewide by sharing best clinical and operational practices in crucial areas related to COVID-19 and beyond.
The HCA E&R series of Best Clinical and Operational Practices in COVID and Beyond will include:
- Protocols for care transition, assessment, care management
- Infection prevention and control
- Recruitment and retention
- Personnel, patient and family psychosocial support
- Protocols for pediatric care
- Telehealth and technological applications
- The link among co-morbid infection, COVID-19 and sepsis
- Methods for agency operational and fiscal sustainability
- Hospice and palliative care
- Collaborative in-home and community testing for COVID-19
- Post-acute recovery
- Social determinants of health
- Coordination with continuum partners
These and all of the sessions in this series will be available on-demand through HCA E&R’s Learning Management System.
Support for this statewide Best Practices initiative is provided through a grant to HCA Education and Research (HCA E&R) by the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation. HCA E&R is a 501(c)(3) corporation affiliate of the Home Care Association of New York State, promoting the quality accessibility of health care and support at home.