A COVID-19 Emergency Initiative
- Amid the COVID-19 surge, the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation reached out to HCA offering help with emergency needs including, where possible, foundation support to seed systemic improvement and innovation in care beyond the pandemic.
HCA Education and Research Best Practices Initiative
- The Foundation approved a proposal from HCA Education and Research (HCA E&R) to assist home and community-based care and patients statewide by sharing best clinical and operational practices in crucial areas related to COVID-19 and beyond.
The HCA E&R series of Best Clinical and Operational Practices in COVID and Beyond will include:
- Protocols for care transition, assessment, care management
- Infection prevention and control
- Recruitment and retention
- Personnel, patient and family psychosocial support
- Protocols for pediatric care
- Telehealth and technological applications
- The link among co-morbid infection, COVID-19 and sepsis
- Methods for agency operational and fiscal sustainability
- Hospice and palliative care
- Collaborative in-home and community testing for COVID-19
- Post-acute recovery
- Social determinants of health
- Coordination with continuum partners
These and all of the sessions in this series will be available on-demand through HCA E&R’s Learning Management System.
Support for this statewide Best Practices initiative is provided through a grant to HCA Education and Research (HCA E&R) by the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation. HCA E&R is a 501(c)(3) corporation affiliate of the Home Care Association of New York State, promoting the quality accessibility of health care and support at home.