Invitation to Submit Proposals to Present at HCA Conferences and Events
HCA Education and Research (E&R) is the educational arm of the Home Care Association of New York State. HCA E&R presents dozens of educational opportunities throughout the year, including at our signature events, as well as webinars, in-depth ‘bootcamp’ workshops and educational series.
HCA E&R welcomes proposals from engaging presenters with expertise on topics that impact Medicare-certified, Medicaid-certified, and private duty home care providers, hospice providers and Managed Long Term Care plans. Please complete the form below to submit your program offering for consideration.
Dates for HCA 2021 Signature Events
- HCA Virtual Annual Meeting – May 5-6, 2021
- Senior Financial Managers Retreat (Mohonk Mountain House*) – September 9-10, 2021
- Corporate Compliance Symposium (Schenectady, NY*) – October 20, 2021
*These events are currently being planned for in-person but subject to change pending the assessment of safety conditions related to the public health emergency.
Benefits of Presenting
If your presentation is selected, you:
- Contribute to the advancement of your profession/industry
- Gain visibility and recognition as a home care or hospice leader
- Access networking opportunities galore
Listed below are core areas that are of great interest to home care professionals. If you have developed an innovative program, researched an issue, or initiated a new policy or procedure, your topic may be applicable. Proposals that address home care topics within these core areas will be considered along with other timely issues:
- Billing and reimbursement
- Business management and leadership skills
- Care transitions
- Case management/ care coordination
- Clinical and disease management
- Financial and business development
- Health care reform
- Human resources
- Improving communication with other providers
- Innovative partnerships
- Legal and regulatory matters
- Medical coding/OASIS-E
- MLTC, Managed Care, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid Advantage Plus
- Patient-centered care planning
- Performance improvement initiatives
- Private pay
- Quality and outcomes management
- Strategic marketing and referrals
- Technology and telehealth/telemedicine
- Workforce development/ recruitment and retention
Proposal Review Process
Each proposal is reviewed and evaluated by HCA E&R using the following guidelines:
- Relevance to our target audience
- Timely or innovative topic
- Overall quality and well-defined focus
- Practical application of materials
- Clearly identified objectives
- Teaching/speaking experience of presenter
- Freedom from commercial bias
Please submit your proposal by completing the RFP Submission Form.
Materials that are not complete and do not follow the guidelines as outlined above will not be reviewed. If you have further questions, contact Celisia Street, Director of Education.
Note: Proposals for a signature event must be received at least 8 weeks prior to the date of the targeted event.
Thank you for your interest –– we look forward to receiving your presentation proposal soon!