Situation Report | December 7, 2020
The Caring Gene® — a recruitment program of the Iroquois Healthcare Association Workforce Investment Organization (IHA WIO) — is holding an online Virtual Job and Training Fair in various regions throughout New York State in January and February.
HCA members are invited to participate in this opportunity to feature your current job and training openings and meet virtually with potential candidates. Save the dates listed below and look for more information coming soon at caringgene.com.
As extensively reported to HCA members, New York’s Workforce Investment Organization (WIO) program began in 2018 as an initiative to retrain, recruit and retain health care workers in the long-term care sector. IHA-WIO and its Caring Gene® campaign are one of eight WIOs providing this service throughout New York State. All programs offered by the IHA WIO are free of charge to long term care organizations.
Please visit the Caring Gene® website to learn more about its offerings and look for a new website soon that will allow providers to post job and training listings via a secure portal while job seekers will be able to apply for opportunities directly on the site.
Caring Gene Virtual Job and Training Fair Dates
- Long Island: January 21, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- New York City: January 27, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Hudson Valley/Poughkeepsie/White Plains: February 1, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Albany/Plattsburgh/Glens Falls: February 3, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Rochester: February 7, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Syracuse/Binghamton/Watertown: February 10, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Buffalo: February 23, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.