We are asking providers and other members of the home care community to take an online pledge to engage in weekly activities like the ones below. As we collect your pledges, HCA is sending out regular-email reminders with further information and resources to assist you.
Week 1 Action Items: November 1-9
- I will notify my staff about National Home Care Month and HCA’s #HomeCareConnect campaign, why it is important, and ask them to participate with me on all of the action items in my pledge.
- I will “like” HCA’s Facebook page and invite others to do so (including all of my staff).
- I will use HCA’s Facebook frame for my profile picture and encourage others to do so (including all of my staff).
- I will host a staff appreciation event for my front-line team.
- I will write and send a letter to the editor of my local newspaper (download a sample letter to the editor here).
- I will contact my local TV news or radio news station to pitch a news segment about home care.
- Veterans Day is next week. I will identify a patient who is a veteran and share their story with HCA (and a picture) for circulation to lawmakers.
Week 2 Action Items: November 12-16
- I will meet with my newly elected or reelected state and federal officials.
- I will invite my elected officials to go on a home care visit.
- I will share with HCA a picture and a story about a veteran cared by my organization.
- I will post about home care month on my elected officials’ Facebook pages and encourage them to post about home care.
Week 3 Action Items: November 19-23
- I will send a letter thanking my elected officials for meeting and/or going on a home care visit.
- I will visit or contact my local office for the aging to share information about my organization.
Week 4: November 26-30
- I will plan and host a community event to introduce the public to our services.
- I will plan a National Home Care Month award celebration to recognize my most committed staff.
HCA is creating social media tools that we ask you to post throughout the month of November including infographics and a Facebook profile picture frame (see top image below) that you and your organization can use to raise awareness about National Home Care Month. Visit HCA’s Facebook page, find the post with HCA’s staff photo and click “Try It” to change your profile picture into a frame celebrating National Home Care Month.