HCA invites you, one of New York’s exceptional home care leaders, to attend our 2016 Advocacy Day for Home Care Leaders on February 1-2 in Albany.
The program begins at 6 p.m. on the evening of February 1 with a special fundraising reception hosted by HCA’s Political Action Committee (PAC) for Senate Health Committee Chairman Kemp Hannon who will address attendees, followed by our main Advocacy Day program on February 2 beginning at 9:30 a.m.
For a full itinerary and further information, please download the flyer and registration form below; then, send the form back to HCA so that we can plan for your participation.
Here’s what you need to know:
- There are two events to register for: A PAC fundraising reception for Senator Hannon on February 1 and our Advocacy Day of legislative visits on February 2. We encourage you to register for both events and show your support for Senator Hannon while assisting us in advocacy on behalf of New York’s home care community.
- After you register for these events, please begin making your legislative appointments for the afternoon of February 2. (Our registration form also asks whether you’d prefer to join HCA’s Board of Directors and Policy staff on pre-scheduled meetings, so please let us know how you’ll be planning your afternoon.)
- If you are making your own appointments, call your legislators’ Albany offices, ask to speak to their schedulers, and explain that you would like to meet with your legislators or their staff in the afternoon (after 1 p.m.) on February 2 to discuss home care issues as part of HCA’s State Advocacy Day.
- In between our February 1 PAC reception and our February 2 afternoon time slot for legislative visits, we also invite you to attend a special session of the HCA Board of Directors in the morning of February 2 where we’ve invited legislators and state officials to address the group. Please plan to be at room 711A of the Legislative Office Building at 9:30 a.m. on February 2 for this special session, followed by lunch and then the afternoon of legislative visits.
- Our registration form lists some hotels where you can find overnight accommodations on February 1.
- After you register, HCA will follow-up with you with more information including special advocacy instructions and resource documents.
Some key times to remember
February 1 at 6 p.m.: Arrive at HCA’s PAC fundraiser reception for Senator Hannon.
February 2 at 9:30 a.m.: Arrive at room 711A of the Legislative Office Building for the start of our Advocacy Day Program, followed by your legislative visits in the afternoon.