Situation Report | April 19, 2021
HCA Vice President for Finance and Management Patrick Conole has prepared a comprehensive memo on the proposed fiscal year (FY) 2022 hospice rule recently issued by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
In addition to proposed payment updates, the rule contains:
- A proposed FY 2022 aggregate cap amount of $31,389.66.
- A summary of CMS hospice utilization and spending data with a call for feedback on many of these trends.
- Revision and rebasing of the labor shares of the hospice payment rates.
- An updated FY 2022 Hospice Wage Index.
- Major new clarifications to the regulations governing the election statement addendum requirement that was implemented on October 1, 2020.
- Making permanent select regulatory blanket waivers that were issued during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE).
- Multiple proposals and changes to the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP).
The proposed rule will be open for public comment until 5 p.m. on June 7, 2021.
HCA will share our comments with members after they are submitted and also will provide a comprehensive analysis of the final rule, which is expected to be posted towards the end of July or early August.