How do you keep current on the many changes that constantly challenge the home health care industry? Where can you obtain the many professional and technical services that are needed by home health care professionals?
As the largest home health care association of New York State, more than 500 home health care providers, individuals and associate members already benefit from membership. HCA is an active voice which continually interfaces with state and federal lawmaking bodies, regulatory agencies, and fiscal intermediaries to interpret, challenge, or support regulations that affect the home health care industry. HCA offers many services to its members including:
- Representation with elected officials, regulating agents and fiscal intermediaries at both the state and federal level.
- Publications such as The Situation Report, a weekly newsletter (also available online) which outlines cutting edge public policy and legislative issues facing home care providers. Also, HCA members receive an array of memorandums and action alerts on both state and federal issues.
- Education — timely state-of-the-art quality education programs on pertinent issues such as the Prospect Payment System (PPS), workforce issues and shortages, Federal Conditions of Participation (COPs), clinical pathways and outcome measurements, information systems and technology, and many others.
- Forums that allow members the opportunity to share ideas, network, and raise awareness on issues pertinent to their agencies. HCA gives its members the chance to participate in the following forums: Downstate LHCSA, Upstate LHCSA, Statewide LTHHCP, Statewide CHHA, Statewide Financial Forum, and Statewide Clinical/Quality Forum.
- Home Care Agencies and Services Directory — a comprehensive referral guide for home care services in New York State.
- Discounts on national publications, videos, group purchasing programs, and much more!