RESCHEDULED: Employer Tips for Supporting Positive Gender Identity and Expression in the Workplace
NEW DATE & TIME
Wednesday, November 17
2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Join Glaser & Weiner, P.C. for a webinar on gender identity and expression in the workplace and emerging legal issues facing employers.
In this webinar, attendees will receive:
- An overview of federal, state and New York City anti-discrimination laws related to gender identity and expression.
- Critical information and guidance to help reduce exposure to claims of discrimination and create beneficial employee relationships.
- Practical steps to foster compliance and inclusivity in the agency’s relationship with the employee, and the aide’s relationship with the patient.
- Tips to help avoid and resolve employee grievances.
HCA Member: $69 (enter discount code HCAMember)
Non Member: $99
Home Care and Hospice Emergency Preparedness Virtual Conference
October 6 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
As cases in COVID-19 and the Delta Variant continue to rise, and the state mandates home care, hospice and other health care personnel to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, agencies must review and increase their emergency preparedness protocols and activities.
HCA’s Emergency Preparedness Conference will cover a variety of important emergency-related issues, including:
- An update on state and federal regulatory relief measures for home care and hospice providers;
- How to prepare for a cyber security attack;
- Ways to ensure compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration Emergency Temporary Standard Rule and New York’s HERO Act;
- Providers’ experiences with surveys during the pandemic; and
- A tabletop exercise to meet state and federal requirements.
HCA Member $159
Blueprint for OASIS Accuracy OASIS D1 Data Set Workshop and Optional COS-C Exam
Blueprint for OASIS Accuracy provides a comprehensive look at the OASIS items, including the OASIS-D1 revisions and OASIS-related PDGM information effective January 1, 2020.
This effective, up-to-the-minute education is targeted for field data collectors, their supervisors, OASIS educators and reviewers, quality improvement staff and those preparing for the COS-C Exam.
- Be eligible for 13 contact hours
- Learn the principles necessary to succeed on the COS-C exam offered optionally at the same location (on October 13). This voluntary certificate examination is for those interested in demonstrating and establishing their expertise and commitment to OASIS data accuracy.
- Special exam discount: You will receive a $50 discount if you take this two-day workshop prior to the exam.
Mutual of America Building
320 Park Avenue, 35th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Millennium Broadway Times Square
145 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
Please call (866) 448-0478 before September 23 and ask for the Home Care Association of NYS Block.
HCA Education and Research (E&R) is pleased to present Best Clinical and Operational Practices in COVID and Beyond, a grant-funded online learning series curated by HCA E&R under a grant from the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation.
These 24/7, on-demand webinars are free of charge. They provide model insights and innovations pioneered by home and community-based providers. Our faculty include home and community care clinicians, operational leaders, and executives covering a range of clinical and operational topics.
All twelve webinars are available on HCA E&R’s new Learning Management System (LMS).
Navigating This Series on the LMS
You must create an HCA user account (or login with an existing account) by completing the registration form here. If you need help with this process, please contact HCA’s Senior Director of Membership Laura Constable.
Under a grant from the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation, the Home Care Association of New York State (HCA), Iroquois Healthcare Alliance (IHA) and clinical faculty at the Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) are delivering web-based training for home health RNs and other personnel on COVID-19 testing procedures that can be conducted at home.
This complimentary training is open to all home care personnel in New York State whose scope of practice permits testing (i.e., nurses and respiratory therapists).
Learn more at https://hca-nys.org/testing.
No-Cost Workforce Training Available through Regional WIOs
No-cost trainings are available to your home care staff throughout the state of New York via the Workforce Investment Organizations (WIOs). Each WIO is approved by the state Department of Health to service one or more regions across the state through contracts with MLTC plans. The trainings are not only complimentary but they also offer the opportunity for wage replacements funds. HCA has created a special page linking to the various WIOs and their programs across the state.
HCA Education and Research, the education arm of the Home Care Association of New York State, is seeking engaging educational sessions on timely, innovative and relevant topics for home health, palliative care and hospice industry professionals. Throughout the year, HCA hosts several signature events including our Annual Membership conference, as well as an array of educational workshops or webinars. If you are an industry expert and have an education program to pitch or feel you have some insights you can present as part of HCA’s education programming, please consider submitting a proposal.
A Special Thanks to our Education Page Sponsors