Capitol Report | May 2021
A Capital Region aide, Wanda Nycklass, was first at her organization to care for patients with COVID-19, setting an example.
A Rochester nurse, Cynthia Stanley, helped save lives in the pandemic by drawing on her expertise as an infection-control specialist.
A Bronx physician, Dr. Amy Ehrlich, is a model of commitment to home care patients and agency partners.
These are just a few of the eight individuals and programs who received HCA’s highest honors in an award ceremony at our Annual Conference earlier this month.
Learn More and Celebrate with Us
These awardees are your constituents. We encourage you to celebrate them alongside us by issuing a proclamation, writing a letter of congratulation to them directly, or simply sharing their stories on social media.
Below is a list of each awardee, where in New York they live or are based, and a link to their award profile, which can be shared easily on social media.
Please let HCA know if you would like further information or assistance in celebrating or recognizing these exceptional constituents in your district by writing to HCA’s Communications Director Roger Noyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Ruth F. Wilson Award, HCA’s highest honor, is presented to Marki Flannery, recent past President and CEO of New York City-based Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY).
- HCA’s Caring Award recipients are Cynthia Stanley of Rochester-based HCR Home Care and Wanda Nycklass of Capital Region-based The Eddy SeniorCare.
- HCA’s Home Care Patient “Shining Light” Award is presented to Jillian Thibault of the Capital Region, an exceptional patient advocate who applies her experience with recurrent bouts of life-threatening sepsis to help others.
- Quality & Innovation Award recipients are: Rochester-based UR Medicine Home Care’s Critical Illness Recovery Program, a care transition model for COVID-19 and other complex care, and New York City-based Selfhelp Community Services’ Virtual Senior Center, which is delivering vital socialization services to isolated seniors in a safe, secure, online format during the pandemic.
- HCA’s Physician Home Care Champion Award recipient is Dr. Amy Ehrlich of New York City-based Montefiore Health System.
- HCA’s Advocacy Award recipients are Theresa Forster and Katie Wehri of the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC), for their advocacy on behalf of hospice services.